Thursday, October 29, 2009

S H I V E R .



It was 2 a.m. The morning sun was covered with think,smoky, and black clouds. It was foggy. Ironically, I woke up with a huge smile on my face and I was pumped for my trip to New York City. I also woke up really excited happy, jubilant, and was packing my clothes for this exciting trip.

I heard my mom yell, "GRACE! HURRY UP! We gotta catch a plane in 4 hours!" I was nervous and replied," Okay! Okay! Geesh!" Suddenly, when i was brushing my teeth, I felt a cold chill going down my spine.....

It felt chilly and i just thought the "chill" came from the weather. Maybe. Wait. Somehow, I knew it. It was a sign. A sign of something terrible was going to happen. A premonition? No, of course n0t. Later, i packed my stuff and was ready to leave and go to the airport.

My mom yelped, "HURRY! Your coach is waiting for you!" I was annoyed and hurried down the long stairway. I was going to NYC for the city championships for basketball. I was exhausted and was my ears were hurting because of my mom's yelling.

Suddenly, i felt it..... again. The cold chill. Somehow, I had a feeling inside of me that I was never coming back home again. It was a scary feeling. I never wanted to feel that "feeling" ever again. I got in the car fastest i could. It was cold. My hands were shivering. My mother drove slowly and she went through the fog and I could hear the rain drizzle slowing on the windshield.

I felt lonely. I called my best friend, Julie Kim. I called her with my Blackberry. The phone was ringing. I heard her say," Hi Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment